Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

PCUSA Churches in the News - Pyung An Presbyterian, Auburn, WA

My Korean is a little rusty.  I think I learned how to welcome missionaries to our church last year.  So that's about it.  But when my "Google Alert" for PCUSA churches opened up to an article about the Pyung An Presbyterian Church in Auburn, WA offering FREE medical clinics, I just had to check this out.


The church is offering (in partnership with the PCUSA), goodwill medical services to those who are in need of care. The clinics offered include free examinations and treatments in the following areas: general medicine and consultation; internal medicine; obstetric; pediatric; chiropractic; dental examination and consultation; optical/vision service; neurology; orthopedic; nursing care; pharmaceutical consultation; Oriental medicine; acupuncture; massage therapy; flu shots.

I thought of the astounding impact these types of clinics would have on Matawan, especially to the spanish speaking community.

The church is relatively new, and I found a July 2010 article in the Auburn Reporter commemorating it's opening in the area. The Pyuang An church web-site is in Korean, but there's also a rough Google translated version.   I found a link to them on Facebook, but you have to send a friend request (which I did).  Afterall, we're all friends, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment