Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Living Expectantly - Sermon 9 Aug 2009


"Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters." Isaiah 43:16

Today's sermon was based on Isaiah 43:4-21 and 2 Corinthians 1:18-22. The verses that especially resonated with me were from Isaiah: 18 “Remember not the former things,nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (ESV)

Pastor Loril asked us to avoid using at least 2 phrases: "We've never done it that way before" , and "We've tried that, and it doesn't work."

We can more profitably invest ourselves living a life of expectant hope and joy, letting go of hurts of the past and cynicism about new ideas.

Things are always in a state of flux, coming and going, living and dying. But I look at my little pot on the window sill, with the pot of "living stones", and I wait in expectation. What is expected of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment